Tortillas got you down? No matter the reason, here’s a way to enjoy the flavors of enchiladas without them.
I used my favorite Sunday night enchilada recipe with a couple of guest stars to add texture in this layered version.
To make the enchilada sauce, combine the following ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes:
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 regular can tomato sauce
- 1 can of tomato soup (V8 works too)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp each of salt, sugar (palm sugar works well) and chili powder
- Optional: 1/2 cup onions
Meanwhile, prepare the meat filling by browning it and then stirring in the ingredients:
- 1 pound of ground turkey